Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Eggs!

I'm sure you are familiar with the book Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss, well remember Sam and how he would never try the green eggs and ham and when he did he loved it? That was me as a child. I hated eggs, that is, before I tried them. I'm sure my mom fed me eggs when I was little but from ages 6 to 7 I hated them. With a passion. 
One day my sister made me "egg in a frame". The only reason I tried it was because she liked it. Once I put that bite of egg in my  mouth, there was no turning back. I loved eggs. Any way you cooked them: fried, scrambled, poached, boiled, and any other way imaginable. But why all of a sudden did my opinion of eggs change? Well, I guess its the magical creation of a whole in bread with a fried egg in the middle.
So, here's how to do it:


What you'll need:


1 egg
1 piece of whole grain bread (it's healthier than white)
butter (I use spray butter because it has less calories)
1 small cup or cookie cutter


Cut a whole in the center bread with the cup or cutter, then butter both sides of the pieces of bread. Heat your frying pan to medium heat and place both pieces of bread in the pan and crack egg in the center of the bread and cook for about 2 min, then flip and do the same. Remove both pieces of bread and serve!


Hope you guys enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment